Cancellation Policy for Individual Dog Walking Appointments:
- Cancellations must be received 24 hours prior, by 5pm the day before the scheduled appointment.
- An email with the cancellation request must be received prior to 5pm.
- Anything received after 5pm will be cancelled but you will still be charged for the full visit.
Cancellation Policy for Cat Sitting, Pre-booked Visits and Overnight Pet Sitting in the Pet Check Technology system:
- Cancellations made within 2 weeks of scheduled service start date will receive a 100% refund.
- Cancellations made within 1 week of scheduled service start date will receive a 50% refund.
- Any cancellations for ongoing visits made with less than 48 hours notice of scheduled service start date will not be refunded. You will be charged for the full cost of service.
Cancellation Policy for Cat Boarding:
- Cancellations made within 30 days of scheduled service start date will receive a 100% refund.
- Cancellations made within 2 week of scheduled service start date will receive a 50% refund.
- Any cancellations for ongoing visits made with less than 1 week's notice of scheduled service start date will not be refunded. You will be charged for the full cost of service.
- For visits over holidays, a deposit will be due in advance.
Changes or Additions to Individual Dog Walking and Cat Sitting Appointments:
- Schedule Requests: Existing clients can schedule advance services using the Pet Check Technology client management portal. New clients can send requests to our email: TailsOnTrailsLLC@gmail.com
- Schedule Additions: The weekly schedule is set every Sunday. Any requests for schedule additions made after Sunday for the same week are considered last minute and must be sent via email or called in. We cannot guarantee we can fill last minute requests, however, we will do our best to accommodate you. All last minute requests are subject to an additional $8.00 charge per visit.
- Evenings/Weekends: Will be scheduled by advanced appointment and availability. Weekday evenings after 5pm and weekend visits are subject to an additional $3.00 charge.
- Holidays: We recommend you book with us for any holidays as soon as possible, as we book up quickly. Please note holidays are subject to an additional $5.00 charge per visit.
- Time-Frames: All visits are scheduled within two-hour time-frames. This provides our dog walkers and pet sitters a slightly flexible schedule so that they may deal with any unexpected happenings during the day (such as potty training messes, weather issues, traffic, etc) and still visit all pets on a timely basis. For example, 12pm-2pm, 1pm-3pm, 2pm-4pm, etc.
Inclement Weather Policy
We are always mindful of how the weather will affect your pets, from rain to snow to extreme temperatures, your pet's safety is our priority.
- If your dog requires any specific gear, such as raincoats, parkas, sweaters, booties, and harnesses, etc, please leave them out for the walker.
- If you know there is a chance of rain or snow, please leave out a towel and any storage instructions, so we can make sure your dog is dry and comfortable before we finish the appointment.
We are always mindful of hazardous conditions when we walk, including ice and salt in the winter and hot pavement in the summer. Our policy is to err on the side of caution when it comes to extreme weather and severe increases or drops in temperature. If there is lightning in the area, our walkers are instructed to immediately take shelter/return to your residence. We will complete the remainder of your 30-minute walk inside your home by creating a fun playtime experience for your dog and also help ease any potential anxiety from the weather.