Join Our Team
Current Job Openings
Part-Time Long Term Pet Sitters in Downtown Jersey City (Jersey City)
Please note, the bulk of dog walks are from 11am - 5pm during the weekday. Cat visits weekends 9am - 7pm.
Available as of Fall 2019
Tails On Trails LLC, is hiring exceptional, passionate dog walkers and cat sitters to add to our team!
We specialize in GPS tracked, private and small-group walks in the downtown Jersey City area. We focus on providing outstanding customer service and take great pride in delivering the best care possible to the pets entrusted to us. Our goal is to create a consistent, reliable, fun, and safe experience for dogs, improving their quality of life and their owners.
We have a 5-star Yelp review rating and are looking for someone who can help our team maintain that consistent, high-caliber level of service. Our team members also have the opportunity to get involved with the growing business by participating in creative meetings, discussing ideas for new projects, clients services, and taking on additional assignments from events to blogging to promotions.
Job Description: Long Term Cat Sitter (Part-Time)
All cat sitters are responsible for providing a clean, safe and loving environment. This includes following proper feeding and cleaning instructions, from litter to bowls and more. Proper in-home etiquette and professionalism is a must. We are looking for a punctual, caring, professional, athletic, positive, trustworthy, and ultra-reliable individuals.
Job Description: Long Term Dog Walker (Part-Time)
All of our dog walkers are responsible for providing a consistent routine and exercise for their assigned dogs each day. Appointments are usually in half hour or one hour increments. Dog walkers are also responsible for checking the dog's water and food supply to make sure basic needs are met after their walk or play group. You will also need to know how to put on different harnesses and collars, and monitor them for any wear and tear. We work in all conditions, from sun to rain to snow, team members need to enjoy being active and outside in all types of weather.
Proper in-home etiquette and professionalism is a must.
We are looking for a punctual, caring, professional, athletic, positive, trustworthy, and ultra-reliable individuals.
Part-time Dog Walkers can make from $200-$400/week
Part-time Cat Sitters can make from $100-$250/week
The ideal job candidate will posses the following:
• Must LOVE dogs and/cats and have experience with dogs and/or cats! Professional experience is preferred!
• Must live within 15 - 20 minutes of downtown Jersey City area (or in the nearby area with a car/bike to commute).
• Have strong verbal & written communication and customer service skills.
• Be self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Be detail oriented and have good time management skills.
• Have a smartphone with access to email and a data plan (no prepaid plans please).
• Be physically fit to work in extreme weather (cold or heat), and have appropriate gear.
• Own reliable transportation: car, a bike with a lock, scooter, or skateboard.
• Be able to pass a criminal background check, provide references, complete an I-9 form to work in the U.S.
• Be able to start training and working ASAP.
• Must be 21 years or older. Proof of ID required.
• Must work one weekend day a month.
• Take pride in your work and have an ongoing commitment to excellence.
As one of the oldest and trusted pet care companies in Jersey City, Tails On Trails LLC has numerous opportunities for our team members to be a part of our growing success!
If you are interested in joining our team, please email us your resume and answers to the following questions. Emails should be sent to email@example.com. Please then fill out the application form here.
1. Tell us about yourself and your experiences with dogs and pet sitting. Do you have any professional pet care experience?
2. Why do you want to be a dog walker?
3. Do you have another job?
4. What kind of smartphone, operating system, and data plan do you have? We use a specialized GPS tracking app for all client appointments and scheduling, which is why a smartphone with a compatible OS and a data plan is mandatory.
5. Do you have a car, a bike and a lock or scooter?
Interviews will be conducted in Downtown Jersey City.
Please do not contact us by phone regarding this position. Thank you.